Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Epiphanies

I've had a significant epiphany lately, with regards to my fitness goals. I just need to organize my thoughts, and bear these little mental "break-thoughs" in mind as I continue on this journey :)

I have made a great deal of progress over the past few months. The "problem" (if you can call it that) is that I started out so much BIGGER than I've been in the past (I'll blame it on baby weight!!) that "lots" of progress still doesn't put me in a desirable weight/body fat range. However, I'm now to a good place where if I make as much progress in the NEXT couple of months as I've made in the PAST couple of months, then I should definitely be within a healthy and desirable weight/body fat range. I won't be to my ultimate goal, but it'll be good to weigh under 130 lbs again, at least.

I've focused more on cardio lately, and I'm really starting to increase my endurance in running.....which is QUITE a struggle for me. Now, I'm doing Body for LIFE again....although I must admit, it's tempting to just neglect the weight training for now, and focus on burning the fat. But, from everything I've read, I'm BOUND to burn muscle, too, so I need to at least lift weights to maintain my muscle mass.

It's funny -- I'm reading the Body for LIFE web-page for inspiration......to remind myself that it IS possible to do this.....when really I SHOULD just be able to look within myself and remember my own personal achievement 4 years ago. I think I have myself convinced that my results in 2005 were a fluke for me. "My metabolism has changed because I'm over 30. I was going through a divorce, so I probably lost so much weight due to stress. I've tried the program since 2005, and haven't seen results at all." But, in reality, I haven't done the program to the tee like I did in 2005.....I don't think I've gotten in 6 days of exercise in any given week that I've tried to implement the program again. Well, I'm DEFINITELY working-out 6 days per week, now. In fact, I've exercised 9 or 10 days in a ROW lately, so I KNOW I can devote myself to 6 days per week. I'm going to try it again. Just to see. Just to prove to myself (again) that it is INDEED possible for me to transform my body. And, I'm not going to let myself go this time!

I kinda tell myself that it's silly to get into shape again, since I'll be trying to get pregnant again by this time next year. But, the truth is that when I get pregnant again, I'm going to start out the pregnancy at a healthy weight with an active lifestyle, so even if I gain more than 25 lbs during the pregnancy, I will shed it quickly after the baby's born. I just feel so much better and more self-confident at a smaller size. I can already feel changes within myself, and I'm just NOW down to my "big" size. So, I know this will be good. I will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment